Arbitrated hundreds of arbitrations as tribunal chair, wing and sole arbitrator. Experienced in conducting arbitrations remotely.
* Dispute among large German manufacturer and U.S. distributor of plastic storage pallets involving claims of breach of series of commercial contracts and fraud.
* Dispute among Russian manufacturer and U.S. distributor of alcoholic beverages involving breach of distribution and marketing agreement.
* Dispute among U.S. manufacturer and European purchaser of commercial aircraft engines involving claims of failure to conform with contract specifications
* Dispute among Brazilian/Central American distributor and U.S. telecommunications company involving breach of contract and wrongful termination of distribution agreement.
* Dispute among Israeli bank and primary software provider involving failure to provide services, non-payment and wrongful termination.
* Dispute among Irish purchaser of business jet aircraft and U.S. manufacturer involving untimely delivery of aircraft, failure to accept tender and non-payment.
* Dispute among major French advertising agency and U.S. joint venture partner involving breach of agreement to supply advertising in U.S. airports.
* Dispute among international sports organization and manager of Eastern European sports facility involving breach of contract and organization rules.
* Dispute among Brazilian sales representation and U.S. developer and marketer of power over ethernet switches and other connectivity products involving breach of contract and wrongful termination.
* Declaratory judgment regarding interpretation of international distribution agreement
Partnerships, Joint Ventures, LLCs, Corporations:
* Contract disputes among partners, joint venture parties, LLC members/managers, investors and co-owners, including “business divorces" involving:
-- real estate developers
-- financial services entities (hedge funds, private equity, banks)
-- medical practices
-- family owned businesses
-- storage companies
-- pharmaceutical companies
-- accounting firms
-- law firms
Commercial and Business Transactions:
* Claims arising out of mergers and acquisitions, including:
-- breach of reps and warranties
-- post-acquisition purchase price adjustments
* Allocation of liability for losses among purchaser and seller of seed company.
* Valuation of business entities
* Breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, defamation regarding IPO for real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)
*Breach contract between fuel processor and distributor
* Breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty claims against investment advisors
* Breach of factoring agreements
* Breach of contract claims against investment bank alleging flawed capital raise
* Breach of contract and fraud claims by hedge fund and its founder against successor hedge funds
* Breach of executive and professional employment agreements, consulting agreements and independent contractor agreements, involving hedge funds, private equity, banks, large financial institutions, restaurants, hospitality, IT providers, medical practices
* Breach of contract, gender and religious discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination claims by professor against prominent university
* FLSA, wage and hour, classification
* Contract dispute arising from sale of manufacturer of sensors used in tools for creating semi-conductors
* Contract dispute between major electronics manufacturer and computer software vendor
* Contract dispute between international bank and primary software provider
* Contract dispute arising from sale of commercial aircraft engines
Real Estate & Construction:
* Dispute arising out of multi-billion dollar initial public offering REIT transaction, including claims of fraud, breach of contract and defamation
* Complex (“mixing bowl”) transaction involving transfer of ownership of
multi-use property subject to mandatory affordable housing regulations
- Cases involving claims brought by employers against former executives, professionals, employees for breach of non-compete, non-solicitation, confidentiality and duty of loyalty, seeking damages, forfeiture of stock options, deferred compensation, severance, disgorgement
- Breach of contract, wrongful termination and national origin discrimination claims brought by large U.S. dealership against major telecommunications company
- Breach of contract, fraud and RICO claims brought by franchisee against franchisor of major moving and storage company
- Breach of contract and wrongful termination claims brought by large Brazilian/Central American distributor against major U.S. telecommunications company
- Wrongful termination of franchises, distributors and dealerships
- Breach of contract claims between major insurance company and pharmaceutical distributor and dealer
- Claims arising from break-up of healthcare and medical practices (including as emergency arbitrator)
- Breach of contract and fraud claims by drug sponsor against company conducting clinical trials
- Claims between healthcare providers and insurance companies involving coverage issues
- Claims of breach of contract and defamation by healthcare provider against former employee/patient
- Malpractice and breach of contract claims against law firms